Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

February 11, 2011

Big needles, soft yarn, and a quick project

I haven't updated for a few days, so here goes.

I went shopping for supplies yesterday for a baby hammock my neighbor wanted me to knit for her to use as a photo prop. She bought the pattern and sent it to me, so I knew what I needed for it, which was everything.
I needed size 35 needles and a couple of skeins of yarn. I looked Joann's up to see if they carried that size of needle and they did, but I didn't call and ask the store in Evansville if they actually had it. So when I got there, of course they didn't have that size. I was trying to avoid going to Micheal's because I have realized that they are actually more expensive usually. Anyway, I made a side trip to Big Lots and got some awesome skeins of colorful yarn for a dollar a skein. YAY! I love it when they have a new selection of yarn. I then went to Dollar Tree but they were out of all their yarn. I did pick up some treats for the kiddos for Valentine's Day. Then I headed out searching for a little yarn/needlecraft store that I knew was located in Evansville, but couldn't remember where it was. Didn't find it and was running short on time by then, so I headed over to Micheal's. Ran into my neighbor there and she gave me some money for the supplies I was getting. YAY. I saw they were having a clearance sale on their needles and stocked up on some DPNs since I only had one size and I want to start learning to make socks. Luckily the size 35 needles I needed were there and also on clearance. Double YAY! I also grabbed some more Aida 18ct cloth for some Teresa Wentzler charts I had won off of listia. If you haven't heard of her, then you should definitely look her up. She has some lovely designs! Also Micheal's had some of their yarn on sale and I grabbed a skein of some pretty Country Loom yarn made by Loops and Threads in the color called warm cream. It's so soft. I would have bought more, but I was on a very limited budget. My grandmother had loaned me twenty dollars and I had a little bit of money from where I had gotten some child support :) I couldn't spend it all on me! I still have to buy Bobby his birthday present this weekend. He just wants a FM transmitter thingie so he can play his mp3 player through his car stereo. He has the old school kind of radio with no aux jack or cd player. It has a tape deck I think, but I don't even know if it works. Anyway, back to the update!

So I got home and quickly knitted up the baby hammock. I was surprised at how quickly it knitted up. Those huge needles really get the job done! Here is a picture of it. Please ignore me and my mess in the picture :)


I am going to knit up a couple more in lighter colors I think. The one in the picture is actually prettier in person. My phone doesn't take the best pics. It has several colors of brown in it. I used Lion Brand's Homespun in Barley and Bernat's Soft Boucle (how do you get the little accent mark above a letter on here?) in Misty Shades.  It turned out really soft and fluffy. I changed the pattern a little bit to make the ties longer and to make the hammock itself a couple of rows longer. It just seemed really short. it could be because I knit too tight usually and it throws the gauge off. I dunno.

I have been working on my Crowned Glory scarf a little here and there. I am just about done with it. I am not sure what I am going to do with it once it is complete. I don't wear scarves and it isn't really my style anyway. But it was a really good learning experience and I am glad I joined the KAL. Here is a pic of it as it is at this moment.


I haven't been working on my cross stitch project at all in the last few days. I need to take this weekend to catch up on my place mat KAL and to make some progress on my cross stitch.

I got a RAK package a few days ago. I was so surprised! I got a really nice cross stitch hard back book and some material from a lady in one of my yahoo groups. If you read this blog Emily, thanks again. I love the book and the material was not as damaged as I thought it was. Most of the black from the burn or whatever it  was washed out and only a small section is damaged. For you that don't know what RAK is, it means Random Act of Kindness. I didn't know what it meant until recently either. She looked at a wish list I had and sent me something that she though I would like. For Free! Out of the kindness of her heart. Isn't that awesome. It was so nice getting a gift in the mail like that. Someday I hope to be in the position to be able to do the same for others.

Well, I think that is about it for this update. I haven't been doing a whole lot this week. I watched a couple of movies and read a couple of books. I spend a lot of time on ebay and listia trying to find cheap or free floss for my HAED I am trying to kit up. I found some really cheap AIDA on ebay and some anchor floss that I will use to kit up another chart I have. I hope to do some major progress on my cross stitch project this weekend and complete this scarf. I hope to have some good pics to share with you all Sunday night on my next update. Until then my tangled tanglers.... Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.