Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

August 29, 2013

Scott Zavoda's Morning Commute Book Review


I recently received the opportunity to read and review the short story Morning Commute by Scott Zavoda.

Let me start off by saying this, if you want something quick and highly entertaining, you should read this short story! It was hilarious! I wasn't sure at first if I was going to enjoy it. The writing style is not my favorite. It is present tense in the first person POV. A lot of times, when I come across books written this way, I just can't get into them. This story, however, really held my attention.

It is very short, coming in at around eleven pages, and I blew through it in no time. I thought it was very satisfying for a short story. The setting of this story is very familiar to a lot of us. I found that the main character is very amusing and relatable in her thoughts and actions. Her day starts of poorly and goes downhill very quickly in an altogether hilarious way. The ending, which I must admit I kind of assumed was going to happen, was just as funny as the rest of the story. It was a very satisfying ending. I really want to tell you all about it, but I don't want to ruin the story for anyone.

Suffice it to say, I loved it. I found myself alternately laughing out loud and groaning aloud as the story progressed. As I said earlier, I kind of figured out how it would end, but that didn't detract from it in the least. If anything it made it even funnier to me. Of course, I kind of have a twisted sense of humor.

The story does use coarse language, so is not a good option for younger readers. You can tell it was meant for adults. I would let my teen son read it but not my preteen daughter. The subject matter is not appropriate, in my opinion, for younger readers. But, if you are an adult or older teen and want something that will tickle your funny bone, I highly recommend this story. I hope to see more from this writer in the future.



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.