Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

February 28, 2011

Four new starts, a bad storm, and a friend's loss

Well I have survived the storm. I still don't know how much damage it inflicted in our small town, as I don't have a car available in which to drive around and gawk. My grandmother said that several houses near to me lost their roofs. I know that we were without electricity for a short while. The town about four miles from us got hit harder. School was canceled for the kiddos today. Power outages and all that debris and downed power lines were the deciding factor in that, I am sure.

Around two this morning we huddled in our little space between bedrooms which is the only place that isn't an outside wall. Still was facing some windows, but from a farther distance than anywhere else in the house. This was the first actual tornado warning that we have had while in this house I think. I know we get a lot of watches and stuff, but usually the warnings are farther away. We got some pillows and blankets and had the kids lay down on the floor and I sat by them with my laptop and a comforter trying to track the storm in between power outages. Bobby went from door to door, watching the storm's progress. It was a tense half hour or so. Then the kids went to bed and everyone but me slept peacefully the rest of the morning LOL.

The saddest news I have heard in a long time was given to me around lunch today about one Bobby's friends. This man has been so excited over the last nine months or so, because his wife was expecting a baby. I am not naming any names, as I don't know if anyone knows them and it just seems rude to be blogging about it. But it is such sad news and I have been almost crying off and on all day even though I don't actually know this couple. Anyway, he went out of state this morning on a job. His wife whose due date was sometime in March, was driving to work this morning when she was involved in an accident and had to be life flighted to the hospital. I was so sad to hear that. Then Bobby texts me to let me know that the baby didn't make it and that it wasn't looking good his friend's wife either. How sad is that. Why is life so very unfair? And for this poor man to get this news while he is out of state and have to hurry all the way back here not knowing what is happening and not being able to be there at her side.
I am getting all teary eyed again. I cannot imagine what he is going through. Bobby is depressed from the unfairness and cruelty of life and I am too. How can someone survive not only losing a baby days away from it's due date (which to me somehow seems even worse than having a miscarriage early on or something) but to maybe lose his wife as well. I don't even want to try to imagine how devastating that is.

Well, I need to stop dwelling on it. It seems so petty somehow to update my progress on my projects, but  I am going to do so. I have stuck to my schedule of starting one each day of the week and then I plan on working on them on the days I started them on every week until they are done. Here are pictures of my starts.

This is my Thursday start called Welcome Friends:



Here is my Friday start called Cow Whimsy:



Here is my Saturday start called Kittens with Ornaments:


Here is my Sunday start called Pooh and Friends Balloon Ride:




I like this one best so far. It is a larger one, but the small amount I did takes up more space than the larger amounts of stitches I have done on my Paula Vaughan over the past few weeks. I love 14 count Aida LOL.

Here is my Monday start. It is called Hang Your Heart:



I tend to want to keep working on something until it is done, whether or not I am enjoying it. I was stressed while stitching today and wasn't enjoying it, so I forced myself to put it away for now. Why do some of these kits come with the blunt needles and some come with the sharp needles, yet they are the same material? I placed that needle into my skin several times today, trying to stitch while thinking of the storm last night and the poor lady and her baby, and while trying to pay attention to Serenity and her reading to me and trying to get my son to get along with her. I finally gave up and have been knitting while mindlessly watching day time TV.

Well, there is my update. Hope I didn't bum too many people out.

Until next time, my tangled tanglers.... happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about that lady and her baby. That is very sad.

    I like your idea of rotating your projects each day. I usually work on one thing until it's done, but now I've been switching around since I started the Crazy January Challenge. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your friend's friend.
    I'm glad you got through the storm ok.
    You have some cute starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers going up, from our house, for all affected by nature's tragedies that have affected you so my dear. Keep stitching on your wonderful projects..........the best relief you can give yourself, as you know of course! Please take a peek at my blog:
    http://suzzanestitches.multiply.com/journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the wife survived the accident and the husband is staying strong. What a terrible tragedy!

    Your stitching is coming along wonderfully and glad to hear you were safe from the weather....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have done Pooh & the balloon ride. One of the Pooh kits--they didn't provide enough gold thread, but don't think it was that one.
    Looks like you will have a bunch of starts to keep you busy.
    I'm doing stamped flowers & pear pillowcases as I have 9 finishes this year. Cases are stamped so easier than cross stitch.
    Enjoy reading or stitching, whatever appeals to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm sorry to hear about the lady and the baby. life sometimes is not fair to innocent people. sadder yet for the poor husband to not know if his wife even had survived(i hope you will blog and tell us)
    your stitching is getting a great start and when you do finish them you will have 7 wonderful projects to be proud of. i hope all is well with your family now take care ladytbird from ravelry vicki

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.