Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

August 12, 2013

Blankets take a long time to knit!

I said I would update you all on my knitting today! Here it is. As you can tell by the title of the post I am working on Bobby's blanket still. I feel like it's never going to be finished because blankets take a long time to knit!





At least for me blankets take forever! I started out pretty good. I was making good progress. Then I started sitting it down after each row. Now I tend to sit it down in the middle of a row. I get so sleepy! I really would like to get this blanket finished for Bobby. It was supposed to be a birthday present, started after his birthday, but still a birthday gift. Now it's kind of moved on to a maybe Christmas present.


I also have to start on another blanket soon for Serenity. In neon, headache inducing colors of Caron Simply Soft. This one will be made in four parts and then, hopefully, seamed together. I am not very good at seeming yet. We'll see how well it works out.

the blue looking yard is actually an eye burning neon purple
                        

I also started a pair of socks months ago that have gotten no love. I thought they would be done by now but I am barely past the toe of them. I am about ready to start working on them occasionally, whenever the blanket becomes too much for my sanity.


there is a little bit of lacework showing. It should be pretty if I ever get done
two at a time on two circs

Also, another thing I started months ago has received no attention for a long time. It started out as a sock, but then I decided that since it was too big and I don't know if I could felt it down just enough to fit me, it would become a draft blocker. I have never felted anything before, and I don't know anything about it. This just seemed easier to do, plus we have a gap under our front door. Two birds and all that jazz! I think the color will work well in our living room against the front door and I will be proud every time I notice that their isn't a draft blowing across my feet.

has a bosnian toe that I learned from a Craftsy class
I have a couple of cross stitch projects that I had been working on this summer. Once again, they haven't had anything done to them in months! I have been horrible I guess. The one I was really enjoying working on, the Dolly Mamas design, just sits on my desk, glaring at me. The other is a stamped cross stitch bib that I was going to give to a friend at her baby shower and I only managed to do a few rows before I hid it away in a project bag. I am disgusted with my laziness!



Oh well, I am used to it. I did manage to give the girl a knitted blanket and some other gifts, so I didn't show up empty handed. I also have managed a few FOs this year in my knitting, so I guess I'm not too horrible!

I hear my kids coming in the door wanting dinner, so I'm off of here for now. Thank you all for sticking with me through all my lack of posting, then all the sweepstakes posts, and now my lack of progress! I appreciate you all!

Until next time, my ever tangled tanglers......     Happy Crafting!


12 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing! I have a promise to myself to learn how to knit at some point. I just love anything knitted or crocheted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should really learn if you want to. It can be so relaxing. I feel such a sense of accomplishment when I finish something!

      Delete
  2. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to knit! Despite the time it takes, i bet it is so worth it to see the finished product and give it to someone you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth the time and effort. You should learn if you really want to. It can be very relaxing

      Delete
  3. My mother-in-law used to knit and crochet and all of that. I know it's a lot of work, good for you for planning so many projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I knew how to knit, I am so uncoordinated though. I have tried crocheting which isn't that hard but still can't get it right lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could crochet! For some reason I can handle two needles easier than one hook.

      Delete
  5. i always wanted to learn how to knit and at one point when i was younger my grandma was teaching me. I wish i had kept with it .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to learn. Plus, with all the online resources we have today, learning is easier than ever!

      Delete
  6. I crochet, but I would love to learn how to knit as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should learn! I am trying to learn to crochet :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.