Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

April 9, 2012

Easter candy...yum!

Does anyone else buy candy they know the kids don't like much just so they can have part of it? No? I'm the only one? Ha!

Knitting

On the needles
I started one project this week. It is a Stephen West design called the Colonnade Shawl. I will add a pic of my progress at the bottom of this post. You can also see it in my ravelry projects. I am about halfway finished. I'm not sure I am loving my choice of colors, but oh well! It is the first thing I've made just for myself. It is also the first pattern I've made with a lace section. Wish me luck!



HOs
(gotta love them HOs!)
I am also working on a kick sack that matches the blankie I finished. It is halfway finished. Next week you should find it in the FO section!

FO
I have one finished object this week. I can't show it yet, but I finished the baby blanket. It can be seen, however, in my ravelry project list. I had never seamed before and it didn't turn out too well. It will be accepted as a design element and loved even though it's not perfect.

Frogged
I frogged my sassy stripe socks I had started a year ago. The needles broke and I had lost a lot of stitches. Also, I wasn't loving the pattern. Which leads to...

Future knitting
I am hoping to cast on a pair of socks within the next week. Just plain vanilla socks most likely. Also I'm going to frog my first sweater attempt I started last year and use that yarn for something else. That's about as far as I've planned my knitting right now.

Other crafty bits
I am about halfway done with one other project but it is a super secret project so no details as of yet.

Gardening/cooking

Not much to report on the gardening or cooking. Been digging up a patch for strawberries and going very slowly at it. Almost done though. Bobby is going to get me some 2x4s to frame it and then I will mix in some manure and topsoil to make our nasty clay soil a little better for the plants. I haven't even started digging up my garden. A tiller would be a godsend right now!

Book Review

Today I would like to talk about a knitting book called knit tricks! Easy Shaping Techniques by Rebecca Wat copyright 2007. It was published by C&T Publishing.

I like this book. It is organized by apparel type. Each project has at least one picture of the completed item. Some include several pictures of the item and any embellishments on it. They all have a written out pattern accompanied by a schematic. They are easy to follow and include difficulty levels, measurements, yarn recommendations, and everything else you might need to know. I will add a few pictures of some of my favorite patterns in this book to this post. The 25 projects in this book include ponchos, shrugs, tops, vests, scarves, gloves, and bags. There is a section of the book dedicated to knitting basics that include how to's on cables, I-cords, seaming, and crab stitch among others. There is also a page of common abbreviations. All in all it is a nice book to add to your knitting library.

Oh! Did I mention that the patterns work for plus sizes? That was a big selling point for me.


Well, that about does it for this week. My life is pretty boring as usual. The kiddos had a four day weekend and seemed to enjoy it. I am ready for them to go back tomorrow. Not that they are a bother, but I don't get to listen to my podcasts when they are around. They usually want to talk to me every couple of minutes when I have my earbuds in and I am afraid the pause button is getting too much of a workout! So tomorrow will find me catching up on podcasts and knitting away on my projects.

Until next time my tangled tanglers... Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.