Amanda's Italian Spaghetti
- Ground beef approx 1 lb ( I tend to buy the five pound chubs at my local grocery store and then separate them into six or seven packages so it differs each time I make this) approx $3
- Part of an onion ( I use whatever I have leftover in my fridge, usually somewhere between a quarter and a half of a small to medium yellow or white onion) approx $0.20
- A can of diced tomatoes around $0.80
- A box of pasta approx $1.00
Total approximate $5.00 depending on what brands you use and sales prices
Prep time depends on how long it takes you to chop the onion! Sometimes the tears slow me down.
Cook time around twenty minutes.
- Brown and crumble ground beef with the onion and your seasonings. I prefer some oregano and basil (or Italian seasoning if I have it), salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- While beef is cooking, prepare pasta according to packaging in a separate pan, drain
- Add pasta and diced tomatoes to ground beef/onion and simmer for ten minutes
I was going to take pictures of the steps, but my son cooked tonight and had it done before I realized he had really started it! Bonus points for him for cooking dinner for all of us, negative points for me for not taking the pictures. My son even filled bowls and brought them to us! Here is a picture of the dish after it was cooked and mostly eaten.