Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

August 11, 2013

Meat Pies Gone Bland!


I thought that I might throw in a quick post about the recipe experiment I performed tonight in the kitchen. I am not too excited about the results.

I am in one of those "nothing sounds good to eat" moods lately. I am getting bored with most recipes I usually like to make. Being cut down to about 40 dollars a week to feed my family of four doesn't help much either. Doesn't give me a lot of fresh produce and different ingredients to use. So I decided to try something new.



So I used the Betty Crocker app on my phone, put in 'ground beef' and 'onion' as the two ingredient choices, and 'dinner' for the what are you making choice. I thought the mini Greek burger pies looked good but I didn't have all the ingredients so I decided to make adjustments and make mini meat pies with what I had. I used ground beef, onion, a little bit of spinach, a few tablespoons of spaghetti sauce, Colby jack cheese, and a couple of banana peppers from my garden.  I seasoned the meat with basil oregano garlic salt and pepper.  Then i added mushrooms on Bobby's meat pie I made for him alone. I used a biscuit mix I had for the crusts. 

Bobby's Meat Pie with Mushrooms
They turned out just "ok". They were kind of bland. Bobby used some extra spaghetti sauce to drizzle over his and it was an improvement. Next time I'll make them with less biscuit mix and more flavorful ingredients or sauce. I guess I'd give mine about a three outta five rating. 


They were very filling. I could only eat one. They just lacked in flavor, which I think using too much biscuit mix contributed greatly to the blandness. 

Bobby's Pie before the Cheese melted
Now I'm off to watch some That 70's Show and knit away at a blanket. I'll be posting a knitting update tomorrow!

Until next time!

Happy Cooking :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.