Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

September 2, 2013

Bango Review


 




I got the opportunity to try out the Bango for a review. It was given to me for free in order to write this review. Even though it was given to me, the opinions in this review are mine and were not influenced by anyone.  


 My kids were my laboratory rats in this experiment; er, um, product testing and review I mean.  There are a lot of pictures after the review to show how well the Bango worked on their hair.

So first off this tool came well packaged and looked quite nifty in its case. It came with an instructional dvd which quickly shows you how to cut your bangs in three different styles, texture and trim the top of your hair, trim dead ends, and how to cut other people's hair with the Bango tool. It also came with a nice pair of scissors to cut hair with, two clips to keep the other hair out of the way while you are cutting the bangs, a comb, and, of course, the Bango tool itself. 

The Bango has a curved edge for a softer, more face framing look and a straight edge for a more blunt look for the bangs or for trimming the top. It has cutting guides on both sides to help with texturing.

The tool is very light weight and felt rather delicate to me at first. After using it and dropping it a couple of times, I feel that I can say, in all honestly, that it is tougher than it seems. I am a klutz and drop things all the time, so that is a bonus for me. 

The instructional videos were short and right to the point. I watched them all with my son and then went after his hair, which has needed trimmed for a while now. Using what I had learned in the video I textured his bang and the top of his hair. I went a little farther though and used it on the back and sides as well. The tool is made for bangs, but works well everywhere you want to trim. I really like the tool because it clamps down pretty good and holds the hair while cut. It is so much easier than holding it between your fingers and hoping you are cutting the hair straight, which is what I normally do. 

After I was finished with my son's hair, my daughter wanted a turn on the trimming chair. Her bangs and hair have grown out a lot over the summer and were looking really uneven. I used the Bango on her hair as well. The hair clips really came in handy here. Her hair is really fine and slides all over the place, so I wasn't sure how well the Bango would hold it. It worked just as good on her hair as it had on my son's coarser, thicker hair. It held it nicely while I trimmed up her bangs and cut a few inches off of the back. Her bangs fall naturally to the side, so I just pulled them straight out and trimmed them evenly. That gives them a nice wave once they are back in place. 

So what is my overall opinion of the Bango? I would give it a good two thumbs up. It retails around $20 so it is a money saver if you think about it. How much do you pay to take your kids or yourself to get bangs trimmed? The cheapest I have come across is $10 a piece around here. So that would be $20 just for one trip for the kids. So one or two times using the Bango and it pays for itself. After that it is all savings. 


I thought that in addition to the review I would ask Trey Burnette, Celebrity Stylist and the inventor of Bango, a couple of questions. Not a real interview or anything, just four questions that popped in my head when I learned of this tool.  Here are the questions and his responses. 


Q: Did you design this yourself, or did you collaborate with someone else?
A: I designed it alone, however, from my initial design to the manufacturing the engineers I worked with made suggestions that would make BANGO help better my design. 

Q: What is the absolute worst at home hair cut that you've ever seen?
A: I once had someone cut her bangs completely off, they were shaved off! 

Q: Do you find that children's hair is more difficult to cut than adults hair? 
A: If a child can sit still, then theirs is easy to cut!

Q: Do you think that many men will be using this product to cut their own bangs at home?

A:If a man knows he can use BANGO to texturize the top and trim his bangs, most definitely!

So would I recommend the Bango? Yes! I know I will be using it regularly here at home. Here is a link if you would like find out where to go to purchase one for yourself: Available in stores in US and Canada

And here is a little more about Celebrity Stylist Trey Burnette

Sorry for the weird spacing of the pictures. For some reason blogger wouldn't let me put them where I wanted them. I don't know enough about HTML to go in and fix this stuff. For some reason it won't even let me type below the pictures and it also ate several of the pictures. Weird!



Left Before
left after



Back Before
Back After


             



                     







cutting and texturing the top
Front After (he's cracking himself up here)

back before

back after

               




front before


Front after



1 comment:

  1. I could have used that when my kids were growing up! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.