|Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection: The Little Mermaid|
Do you remember when The Little Mermaid came out? Can you believe it has been 25 years already? That makes me feel a little old! I remember the excitement I felt the first time I sat down to watch the movie about a mermaid that wants to be on dry land. I remember hoping against hope that her prince would lean over and kiss her while she sat so expectantly at the other end of the boat. I remember laughing hysterically while watching Sebastian trying not to become dinner.
Most of all, I remember the music. I still remember the words to many of the songs. I enjoyed introducing the movie and it's music to my children over the years. We would watch the movie and sing along dramatically, often dissolving into fits of giggles. Those are some memories that I will always cherish.
Now, another generation is enjoying The Little Mermaid and it's wonderful score. The Legacy Collection is a wonderful two disc set that will only enhance that experience. I know we have really enjoyed listening to it here at home. It both entertained us and brought back old memories while it helped to create more. What more can one ask from the collection?
You can enter to win your own 25th anniversary 2 disc set below. Can't wait that long? The links to find it and purchase it are below as well. Go make some memories!
|Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection: The Little Mermaid|
1. Fathoms Below Performed by Ship’s Chorus
2. Main Titles Score
3. Fanfare Score
4. Daughters of Triton Performed by Daughters of Triton
5. Intro Ariel Score
6. Intro Ursula Score
7. Triton Reprimands Score
8. Sebastian’s Dilemma Score
9. Part of Your World Performed by Jodi Benson
10. Fireworks Score
11. The Storm Score
12. Part of Your World (Reprise) / Ursula Plots Performed by Jodi Benson
13. Ariel in Love Score
14. Under the Sea Performed by Samuel E. Wright
15. Sebastian and Triton Score
16. Destroying the Grotto Score
17. Flotsam and Jetsam Score
18. Ursula’s Lair Score
19. Poor Unfortunate Souls Performed by Pat Carroll
20. She’s Got Legs Score
21. Sebastian Relents Score
22. On Land Score
23. Miss Manners Score
24. Les Poissons Performed by René Auberjonois
25. Crab On a Plate / Bedtime Score
26. Tour of the Kingdom Score
27. Kiss the Girl Performed by Samuel E. Wright
28. Ariel Left Behind Score
29. Poor Unfortunate Souls (Reprise) Performed by Pat Carroll
30. The Truth Score
31. Interrupting the Wedding / Ursula’s Defeat Score
32. Happy Ending Performed by the Disney Chorus
1. Fathoms Below Work Tape Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
2. Daughters of Triton Synth Demo Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
3. Part of Your World Synth Demo Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
4. Fireworks / The Gigue Score Piano Demo Performed by Alan Menken
5. The Storm Score Piano Demo Performed by Alan Menken
6. Under the Sea Synth Demo Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
7. Poor Unfortunate Souls Basic Synth Demo Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
8. Poor Unfortunate Souls Final Synth Mockup Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
9. Les Poissons Work Tape Demo Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
10. Les Poissons Synth Demo Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
11. Kiss the Girl Synth Demo B Performed by Howard Ashman and Alan Menken
12. Happy Ending Score Piano Demo Performed by Alan Menken
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2To2-r5zxQk. For more information on Disney Music Emporium, please visit, DisneyMusicEmporium.com become a fan at Facebook.com/disneymusicemporium or follow us at Twitter.com/DisneyMusicEmp.
BURBANK, CA – November 24, 2014 – Honoring the continuing legacy of the Disney music catalog, Walt Disney Records’ newly launched site, Disney Music Emporium (DME), is a destination for collectible Disney music products that also features monthly columns by guest writers, a News tab for fun Disney facts, plus videos that exclusively debut on DME including behind-the-scenes of beloved soundtracks, The Lost Chords and more. The site will offer 15% off all purchases beginning Black Friday (Nov. 28) through Cyber Monday (Dec. 1).
The newest collectible offering available today is a pre-order for an Into the Woods bundle that includes the Deluxe Edition soundtrack featuring 20 songs and score with music and lyrics by Stephen Sondheim, plus 10 character art prints from the highly anticipated film, in theaters December 25th.
Also available at DME is the new collectible series, Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection, a line that celebrates the anniversaries of Disney’s most cherished and classic films that have been enchanting audiences for generations.
The label honors one of the most beloved soundtracks of all time with the 25th anniversary release of Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection The Little Mermaid available today. The Little Mermaid collection features the songs and score from the film by Oscar®-winning composer Alan Menken and lyricist Howard Ashman on Disc One, twelve work tapes and song demos performed by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman on Disc Two, and a collectible 20-page booklet. Also included are liner notes by Alan Menken, John Musker (Co-writer, Director and Producer, “The Little Mermaid”), and Chris Montan (President of Walt Disney Music).
Menken said, “The greatest thing about what we do is create something that works in the moment, but also stands the test of time. For the last 25 years, a generation has grown up with ‘The Little Mermaid’ and it has so greatly influenced them. I hear all the time it’s the soundtrack of so many people’s lives, and that’s a thrilling thing.”
He continues, “The Legacy Collection reorganizes the material and allows the listener to be able to draw more out of it and enjoy it on another level. Technology has improved over the decades and going back to the masters results in better representations of the material on these CDs.”
Commenting on Disc Two’s song demos Menken adds, “I hope listeners experience some of our memories and I hope they take away, as I do, a lot of re-discoveries. The demos of some the song moments take the listener through the process on how they were developed, understanding what the authors wanted to communicate, and ultimately leading into what the song became.”
The CD cover and 20-page booklet feature newly created artwork inspired by “The Little Mermaid” from Lorelay Bove, a visual development artist at Walt Disney Animation Studios (“Tangled,” “Winnie the Pooh,” “Wreck-It Ralph”). The CD booklet also includes a sampling of visual development art from the film, with notes by Dave Bossert, Producer/Creative Director at Walt Disney Animation Studios.
Enter to win a 2 disc set of your own! “If it comes to this blogger’s attention that the winner of this giveaway has won on an additional blog for this same prize, this blog reserves the right to choose another winner”
a Rafflecopter giveaway