Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

February 4, 2011

Another day, another broken needle

This will just be a quick update. I am exhausted. I am lucky in that I not only have ear infections in both ears, but my daughter has been home sick all week. YAY me LOL. So here is a quick update on my projects.

My KAL for the monthlydishcloths groups is almost finished. It is a fishie, or maybe a shark? Either way I think it is cute and I am going to give it to my son. Serenity thought that Joey should have it because his favorite color is blue. Works for me. Here is a pic:


Next is my place mat KAL for Rachel's Knitting Room group. I am not sure how far along I am on it. Maybe a third? I wish I had bought more of this color, as I am getting low. I will have to swing by Wal Mart and get a couple more skeins this weekend. I am only making the one and am thinking maybe we will just use it as a hand towel. I know, I know, weird, right?! Here is a couple of pics. I wish they had come out better so you could see the detail.



I had to switch needles for this yesterday, as the circulars I was using broke on me. That is the second one from that set. That is what I get for buying a set of fifteen for around twelve dollars off of ebay. The longer set, that I am now using, actually came with one pre-broken for me. Wasn't that sweet. I hope the two sets of metal circulars I have ordered from the same people hold up a little longer. I know that you get what you pay for usually, but dang! If I went to the store and got them, I would only be able to get two or three circulars for that price. This way I had fifteen different sizes in that length for what I thought was a great price. Not so great if I have to keep replacing them though, huh?

Now onto my cross stitching project. For you that might not remember it is a Paula Vaughan's Golden Needle Collection pattern on a 32 count cream linen. 32 count! I am making a little progress on it. I actually sat down today and worked on it twice. I just seems that the time I put in doesn't equal the progress made. Such tiny little stitches! I like how it is looking so far. I keep knotting up my floss in back, so am going to try shorter strands tomorrow. I think half the time I was working on it went into trying to get the knots out. Here is a progress pic:


Have not worked any on my scarf KAL and already they have another one going. I have to get the first part of the new one finished by the fifteenth or I won't get the second part, as I am not using their yarn. SIGH I am going to have to either spend even more time knitting, or stop joining in so many KALs LOL.

On a bright note, my neighbor is wanting me to do a little knitting for her as a paying job! ME! Get paid to knit? That is almost as good as if suddenly people wanted to pay me to read or to eat (two of my other favorite things to do)! I am excited to try my hand at this. I am not starting for a few days, as we are picking out what exactly we want me to knit. They will be used as props in her photography. YAY maybe if I do really well on the items, she will spread the word. This could be the start of something both fun and semi profitable! It doesn't have to be of course. I knit because I enjoy it. It is just nice that she will be supplying the yarn, once we figure out what kind we want.

I think that catches us all up for now. I am so tired I am not thinking straight, so it might be that I post this and then remember something else I was going to say. Oh well, if so then I will post it tomorrow :-) Until then, my faithful tanglers..... HAPPY CRAFTING (yelled gleefully at almost three in the morning!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.