Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

April 3, 2011

Been sick, but still knitting :)

Just a quick update here. I have been sick for several days now, but have been knitting on my first attempt at a sweater, plus decided to just jump in with both feet (so to speak LOL) and try sock knitting. I decided to try two at a time from the toe up on one circular needle after reading all the different ways to knit socks. It is going pretty good so far. I did manage a little cross stitching last week as well. Here are some pics. Also my little girl had an eye exam Monday and had to get glasses. She got them Tuesday. Wow that was quick. I am including a pic of her wearing them as well :) I love pictures! Here we go:

Isn't she adorable!

My pooh bear and tigger stitching is getting along pretty good!

This is what I got accomplished on my socks on my first day (Friday)
Here they are again after working on them Saturday.

As you can tell, they are not going to be identical. I don't mind. Just my crazy socks. I had to skeins of the same yarn, but the pattern didn't line up no matter what end of the yarns I started with. I have seen some pics from where people did this deliberately, so I decided that it wasn't a bad thing :)

I don't have a pic of the sweater yet. It still just looks like a nothing. Just a rectangle of white stockinette stitch. It is so boring doing the same thing over and over. That is why it is taking me so long. I can only do a few rows before I am bored out of my mind. I can't wait until I get to the more complicated part of the pattern!

So that is about it on this update. I am going to Indianapolis on Monday for Lobby Day on Tuesday. I am a Community Cancer Advocate for American Cancer Society's Cancer Action Network (or CCA for ACS CAN for short) and volunteered to go to speak to our state representatives and such about passing the statewide smoking law that is up for discussion. I hope they pass so that people will be a little safer from second hand smoke in our state. It will mostly just make restaurants smoke free, but we would like to make every public place smoke free. Other states have managed to do it with no problems, so why can't we?

So anyway, there you have it. My update on my knitting, stitching, and life in general :) I apologize to whomever it was that said it was a Tigger's tale about a pic of my Pooh and Tigger stitching WIP in a previous post. I agreed that it was. LOL I am silly. It was Tigger's arm. I guess I was not thinking straight that day. I haven't gotten to his tail yet. It is a fun stitchy project and I have not been working on the others. I only worked on this one on a day earlier when my soon to be brother in law was visiting. He decided he wanted to learn, so I gave him a little beginner's kit and while he learned, I stitched on my Pooh bear one so I could show him what he was supposed to be doing. I can't explain stuff very well, but he watched while I explained and he picked it up pretty quickly. It was fun. Who would of thought a 23 year old guy would even want to learn to cross stitch around here. Most guys around these parts think stuff like that is sissy stuff and better left to the womenfolk LOL. Yep we are a bunch of rednecks here.

Ok. So I will try to get some more good pictures for the next update. I hope to have more done on my socks and maybe go ahead and take some pics of my sweater. I will try to get around to some more stitching as well. My cross stitch projects just kind of fall to the side when I am knitting and reading. I think it is because they take so much attention from me, and I have adult ADD or something.

Until next time my faithful tanglers...... Happy Crafty! (I hadn't said that in a good while LOL)

5 comments:

  1. Your daughter is very adorable with her new glasses. Love the non identical socks I think thats what makes them so great, looking forward to seeing more of them and your sweater too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My little guy has had glasses since 3 years for lazy eye. Your daughter looks cute & proud.
    Like the Tigger & Pooh progress
    & crazy socks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love magic loop and who wants matching socks anyway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make socks for my son and he doesn't even bother to wear a matchng pair; everyone he works with think that is neat!

    The late Jimmy Steward (actor, for you younger people) did needle point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter looks great in her new glasses! Your socks are awesome. Pooh and Tigger will be cute!

    I'm surprised to hear that restaurants in your state aren't smoke-free yet. It's been like that for ages here in California, maybe 20 years? And now they can't even smoke on the outside patios anymore. Some entire cities are smoke-free in public places, sidewalks, parks, etc. There is no smoking allowed outside in Pasadena during the Rose Parade, for example!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.