Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

October 9, 2013

Card.com Visa Debit Card Review


adorable puppy



I want to start out my review by stating clearly that I did receive compensation for doing this review. I was not required to leave a positive review and my opinions stated in this review were in no way influenced by receiving compensation.

That said, on to the review!

cute kitten

I received the opportunity to try out a Visa debit card from card.com. At first I was hesitant to get it. I do not like having to input my personal information anywhere. As most of you will know, when filling out the forms to get a debit card, you are filling out bank forms so have to input all your sensitive information just like if you were opening a checking account. I checked out the site before filling out anything, to make sure they had security enabled and that the company wasn't some sort of scam. They had all the security measures that I would hope to find on a site such as this, so I went ahead with the application for my card.

beautiful Paris

The application process is simple and quick. I had it done in a matter of minutes. The longest part of the whole process was trying to decide on what card design I wanted. There are many, many wonderful designs to choose from. I went with the alchemy design, although I did stare at a dragon and some cute kittens for a few long moments first. There are a lot of categories to choose from including animals, Gothic, art, cityscape, comics, food and drink, and many more. You can search their gallery by categories or use their search engine for more specific searches, like unicorns, Eartha Kitt,  or cancer awareness, etc.

a good mix of  images you can choose from

Once I applied I was approved and received my card in about a week. You can load money to your card by using a few different ways. These include direct deposit, moneypaks, paypal, western union, or by transferring funds from your bank account. All of these are quite easy to do, so you can load money pretty quickly.

timeless Eartha Kitt

Using the card is simple. You just use it how you would any debit card online or at a store. I used mine for groceries at a store and also on eBay for some really cute beads I wanted. Both transactions were glitch free and posted to my card.com account immediately.

The images look just as good on the card as they do on the  site

I like the ease of the site almost as much as I like the card itself. My balance is displayed clearly on top of the page so I do not have to click on several links to get to it. I'll show you a screen shot since it doesn't give away any of my private information. This shows my current balance, which is 4 cents now, and also shows my transactions for the month. It has links along the top to add money to your account and to send money to other cardholders. Everything is explained in easy to follow steps.


There is a monthly fee of $5.95 that you can easily avoid by depositing $800 a month in your account. As far as I can tell, this is a reasonable fee that is comparable to other prepaid debit cards.  To make telling you the fees easier and to save time, here is a breakdown of all of their fees as per their FAQs

○ Enrollment: No fee
○ Monthly Maintenance: $5.95 per month*; waived when you load at least $800 in the prior thirty (30) days via direct deposit.
○ Card Activation: No fee
○ Inactivity: No fee
○ Domestic ATM Cash Withdrawal: $3.00 (per transaction)
○ International ATM Cash Withdrawal: $3.00 (per transaction)
○ POS Transactions: No fee
○ Over-the-Counter Withdrawals: $3.00 (per transaction for both domestic and international)
○ Value Load (Direct Deposit): No fee
○ Value Load (Retail Location): No fee
○ Voice Response Unit (VRU) Inquiry: No fee
○ Customer Service Live Agent: No fee
○ Balance Inquiry: $1 (per inquiry)
○ Domestic and International ATM & PIN transactions: $1.00 (per transaction)
○ Card Account Liquidation: $7.00 (charged if a check is issued for funds on your Card account and Card account is closed)
○ Paper Statement: $2.00 (per monthly paper statement requested)
○ Expedited Card: $20.00 (per card; when Card is expedited and reissured or replaced for any reason)
○ Foreign Currency Conversion: 2.95% (per transaction)
○ Replacement Card: $7.50 (We do our best to protect you. If your card is lost or stolen, email support@card.com or call (888) 884-5969 and we'll immediately replace your card and ensure your funds are secure)

Altogether, I believe this card is comparable to most other cards of its type when it comes to fees. The thing that really sets it above most other cards is being able to choose the background on your card, the easy to use site, and above all the incredible marketing lady, Jennifer Adams. I spoke with her several times while picking out my card, and while typing out this review. She is a fun, easy to talk to lady that was very helpful in getting information to me as I needed it. I just wanted to give her a little 'shout out' in this post, because she deserves it after fielding all my endless emails! 

So, if you are ready to go get you one of these fun, easy to use debit cards then click HERE. I hope I gave you all the information that you would want in regards to the card and the site. Thank you all for reading my review. You all are important to me and I appreciate your coming back to my blog. 


here is an image of what my card looks like without my finger blocking part of it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.