Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

May 13, 2015

family vacay planned for Schlitterbahn Waterpark on Galveston Island, TX



Before moving to Texas about three years ago, I had never heard of the Schlitterbahn Waterparks. After moving here, I have heard about them, seen the commercials, and had the kids bemoan the fact that we haven't been able to go to one of these amazing waterparks.


Next week we are taking a family vacation down to Galveston and we are hoping the weather will be nice enough for us to try out the Schlitterbahn Waterpark there. It looks amazing and would be a great way to spend some family time together.


The Schlitterbahn in Galveston has more than 30 attractions on 26 acres, including their Transportainment® river system that combines three unique rivers into one endless floating adventure. Schlitterbahn Galveston Island has been voted the World’s Best Indoor Waterpark for seven straight years.


There are slides and wavepools and even a heated pool for us to enjoy while we are there. I can't swim, so I sometimes get a little nervous around water, so I will probably often just stand and watch the kids have a blast, taking pictures of them shooting out of the slides, shrieking and giggling maniacally. There should be a lot of wonderful photos to be kept as reminders of this family time together. When I am not watching them having a blast, I'll probably be lounging in the sun by a wavepool, relaxing and relishing the moment.

I was happy to find out that there is free parking and we can even bring in our own food and non-alcoholic drinks. I live on a tight budget, so any way to save money is wonderful. Bringing a picnic lunch from home will be sure to save me money and allow me to relax, knowing the kids will be fed and I won't have to worry about how much all that food they eat is costing me!


If the weather is good and we get to go, then look forward to a blog post telling you about all the fun we had, along with some great (hopefully) pictures of the family enjoying themselves, and my review of the waterpark. 

Disclosure: For posting about Schlitterbahn Waterpark Galveston, I may possibly receive free tickets for my family in order to experience the waterpark and write a review on it. If this happens it will in no way influence my review. All opinions are my own. I am not required to leave a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.