Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

August 15, 2011

Long overdue update!

Well, I haven't been doing anything, so I haven't had anything to tell! I quit my job at the Dollar Store and have been sitting on my butt doing nothing. Haven't knit anything in months, nor cross stitched anything. I am about ready to get back into it though. I have been working on my garden. Only been harvesting summer squash so far, but have cucumbers and zucchini growing and almost ready to harvest. I have about six tomato plants that still haven't done anything. They are getting big though and I still have hope that they will produce before the first frost kills them off. All my herbs died, so I am starting over and am going to keep them all in the house. Started some sweet basil, dark opal basil (or some name like that anyway), some cilantro, a couple parsley, and some more chives. I will baby these and hope they don't die out on me again.

I even have some corn growing in my back yard! I had a bird feeder out there for awhile before I got rid of my income, and I guess the cracked corn that the birds kept throwing out decided to grow. It is funny to see the seven or eight stalks growing out there. I am going to see if it ripens and I will harvest it for the squirrels.

I have been experimenting on a lot of different recipes. I have a long list of recipes that I still want to try. I wish I had been taking pictures to share with anyone that still might read this blog. Some of the dishes turned out quite lovely. Tonight I made some garlic roasted summer squash and some mediterranean salmon. Everyone liked it, even Serenity and the neighbor girl! LOL.

Well I will end this for now. I am hoping that with the kids back in school I will get back into crafting and blogging. I miss everyone I used to chat with. I haven't even kept up with my yahoo or ravelry groups. It is way past time for me to go back and say hi to everyone.

Until next time my flawlessly faithful tanglers....... Happy Crafting!
(or Gardening or reading, or whatever hobby you got going on)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! Sounds like you've been busy gardening and cooking. Good luck with your herbs. Now grab an old WIP/UFO, find a comfy spot, and start stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.