Tangle

Tangle: to bring together into a mass of confusedly interlaced or intertwisted threads, strands, or other like parts

June 14, 2013

Wow it's been a long time!

I can't believe it's been almost a year since I have posted. Not much has happened really. We moved to Texas, I found a job, I quit a job, now I'm staying at hone as usual. I garden, knit, cross stitch, read, and watch Netflix a lot.

Gardening here has been a challenge for me. The soil is a mixture of clay and sand. I'm starting to get some peppers growing but my tomatoes haven't even tried to bloom, much less grow actual tomatoes. Other people are already getting big fat green maters around here! My plants are still really small. I know the upper ninety degree weather isn't helping any. As for my indoor herb growing, I'm doing just as bad at that as I did back home in Indiana! They start to grow, get a few inches tall and stay real spindly, then fall over dead. I've tried watering more, watering less, more sun, less sun..... I just have no idea what I'm doing wrong!

As for my knitting, I've been working on several things. I've made some shawls, hats for Christmas last year, a baby blanket, and am currently (as in today and yesterday) working on a mitered square cowl and also a full sized bed spread/afghan thing. The cowl has me tense. I always wanted to try entrelac. Now I'm wondering why I ever wanted to. It's just not looking real pretty right now and oh my gosh the ends! There are so many dangling bits I'm going to have to weave in! Sigh!

Well I think I'll leave it there for now. I want to start posting at least once a month again, if not more often. I miss our weekly chats though. I'd post, you all would comment or email, I'd respond, I'd feel like I actually had friends! It's a pain to post from my phone though. My hubby ( still feels weird saying that sometimes even though our first anniversary is next month) is buying me an iPad soon, so maybe that'll help. Bigger screen and all that.

So goodby for now my ever faithful tanglers. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It is very important to me. Know that while I might not reply directly to your comment every time, I certainly read it and appreciate it.